This is the accompanying website of the touring exhibition "Die EU und DU - eine Erfolgsgeschichte mit Zukunft". The exhibition tours through Austrian schools and communities to inform young people about past, present and future of the European Union. Its content was developed in cooperation with the Austria Foreign Ministry, the Representation of the European Commission in Austria and the Austrian Society for European Politics. And it was designed by Christina Michelitsch (FH Salzburg), who won the touring exhibition redesign contest in 2010. Based on her designs this website was created. It consists of i.a.:
- A media aggregator, accessing photos, media reports, videos from Facebook, Picasa Albums and Vimeo.
- A small quiz.
- A Google Maps app, tracking the exhibition on its way through Austria.
- An accompanying Facebook app for posting reports on a Facebook page, also including the Google maps app as Facebook canvas app.
- An admin interface for managing data the Google maps and Facebook app.
tools used, code borrowed & inspirations by:
- Google Maps API
- Bit.ly API (PHP)
- Facebook PHP API
- Quickbox, lightbox clone
- Custom radio buttons
- carefully handcrafted HTML & CSS